If you cannot find a certain function that is described here, check with your manager if you have required permissions.
To navigate through the portal, use the navigation at the top of the page.
The main page of MileWiz Portal is the Log Book. Here you can see all trips (sorted most recent on top) with all the details: the employee, date and duration, origin and destination (green indicating the start position, red indicating the finish – click on the location to open it in Google Maps), category and description, distance, value and buttons for actions.
Using the action buttons you can:
- View the trip – a Google Maps window will open showing you not only the start and end point but also what roads were used,
- View the trip details – a pop-up will open showing you the trip in detail you can also edit it from here,
- Delete the trip.
An important part of this sections are the filters. You can use the filters to find any trip that you need – by date, department, address (partial address is ok), name, email or category.
On this page you can view all notifications that have been issued in the system and mark them as read or leave them on display to remind you that some actions need to be taken. MileWiz will post notifications in this area whenever there is unusual driving behavior with any employee.
- Unusual route taken for a given day of the week – if an employee usually drives 45 business miles on Tuesdays, but he or she drove 30 or 60 last Tuesday, the system will spot the anomaly right away.
- If an employee doesn’t have any trips for 3 consecutive days, inactive driver notification will appear.
- Unusually long route for given trip – based on from address and to address an optimal route can calculated. A notification will appear only if the route is at least 10% longer.
- If manual trips are allowed in your company, drivers who create at least 10% of their trips manually will be reported on a weekly basis.
- If the employee has more than 20 uncategorized trips, a notification will appear. Supervisors can use this to gently remind the employees to categorize their trips.
The Reports section is expandable – once you click on it, it’ll expand to show you what reports can be generated. Click on one of the sub-option items to generate a report. If you need to change the scope of the report (such as the date) then modify it from the tools at the top and click on the magnifying glass button to refresh the report using the criteria you set.
Each report can be exported to CSV which can be opened in a spreadsheet application, allowing you to modify it further or use directly for payroll (when reimbursing).
As described in the “Setting up your company with MileWiz Portal” guide, in this section you can setup your company for mileage tracking from A to Z. Keep reading to find some additional features available here.
Allows you to see how many employees are currently subscribed for mileage tracking in your company. Additionally you can change details about your company – for example you can change the rate of any category. Please note that whatever changes you do here, it is immediately pushed to all currently subscribed employees and the trips they make after this change will use the new rate.
All the departments you have access to. They can be edited using the pencil button and suspended (disabled) using the padlock button. Once a department is disabled, you can re-enable it using the circular arrow button that appears or delete it using the trash button that appears. Note, that deleting a department deletes all employees associate with it and all of their data.
A list of all invited employees. The actions available involve:
- changing the name e-mail of an employee,
- suspending the employee’s account,
- deleting the employee.
If an employee is suspended but you’re not sure why – check with the employee if he/she has received the invitation e-mail and followed the steps included in it. An employee who has been invited but who did not complete the procedure will be suspended until the initiation has been completed.
A list of all vehicles that your employees have added.
An interface that allows you to invite more employees to your company/department. It has been described in more detail in the “Setting up your company with MileWiz Portal” guide.